Thursday, December 29, 2005

Christmas, decking, gardening and the like...

Well, it's been a pretty good Christmas so far. Went to Bairnsdale to spend Christmas with the inlaws on their farm. Great time up there. Saw my Uncle and Auntie in Lakes Entrance while we were up there, and my cousin who has spent the last 15 years in Geneva and Bangkok working for the UNHCR.

Then back to Melbourne in our legendary brown car (yep, it made the trip just fine thanks everyone!) Mum and Dad came over from Adelaide and we spent a whole day cleaning the deck with a high-pressure hose and gardening. (I know, I know, not exactly fun. But I own a home now, so it's a necessary evil).

Today I went to day 4 of the Boxing Day cricket test against South Africa at the newly finished MCG - back up over the 100,000 capacity, it is truly an amazing stadium. Treated myself in the 33 degree heat to a Mattie Hayden century, and quick fire 72 from Symonds which included 6 sixes (an MCG record) and then South Africa lost 6 wickets in the final session. Couldn't have been better if I'd written the script!

Nothing profound or interesting to write at this point. I think I switched my brain off this week, so don't expect much before next week of any note!

God bless you all.

No comments: