Tuesday, December 06, 2005

The beginning...

OK. So, I'm a bit slow on the uptake... Having a blog is now almost a little 'last year'. But, I figured I'd give it a shot and see if I actually could show any kind of consistency in posting to it.

Time will tell...

I envisage, like so many bloggers out there, that the ramblings posted here will be of little use to anyone but myself - I have no dillusions of granduer. And I don't even have a theme I'm going to follow. Just me and my 2 cents worth on the back alley ways of the information superhighway.

So, what do I have to say for this opening blog? Not that much really. It's gearing up to Christmas, and things are getting busy. Got rehersals 3 nights this week for carol services I'm playing sax and singing at with the Salvation Army and one in at Federation Square with Richmond AOG. Our first rehersal was last night, and 4 of us stayed back to work on some vocal stuff... 11:30pm I left. MAN did the alarm hurt this morning!

Still, Christmas is a great time for me - unlike so many others.

I sat at a MacDonalds for lunch today (no, I didn't get the healthy option, and yes, I DO feel guilty) read the paper and saw a big article including comments from the Salvos on homeless kids in Australia. The current estimate is over 500,000 children in Australia still below the poverty line.

That blew me away. There are only 20 million of us in this country, so kids can't take up more than maybe 2-3 million or so, depending on your definition of a child... so 500,000 is a bit staggering really.

Want to help out? Give to the Salvo Christmas appeal here https://www.salvationarmy.com.au/partners/donate.asp?oneoff=yes

That's all for now. Let's see if I actually post more than once... And lets see if anyone actually READS it too!

God bless,
Nath.

No comments: