Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year from the Mansion

Happy New Year all!

Spent New Years Eve with friends at 'The Mansion'. Ate great BBQ and swam all night (what did you expect - it was 42 degrees even at 7pm!!!!) Those of us who stuck around to see the new year in jumped in the pool to celebrate the event, then went and did it again a few minutes later just for good measure. I also have a new nickname. That's right. It turns out we are using the model name of our sunglasses as nicknames, so from now on I'm Fury. Aaron is Razor, Luke is Rage, and we decided that Brad is Beige (Rage sunglasses from Bali, so an unfortunate joining of the two makes him Beige...). Sounds like we are all super heroes! Except for Brad... he just sounds like a girl.

Anyway, enough rambling. I'm back at work, so life is back to normal now. Hopefully my mind will kick back into gear and I'll be a little more profound and thoughtful here again.

I have a number of New Years resolutions that I will share here. That should help keep me accountable.

1. To keep blogging. At least 4 times a week unless I REALLY don't have anything to say...

2. So, I currently weigh in at around Gold FM. This needs to change. Not healthy. Therefore I need to get to a different radio station weight... SBS FM would be nice, or Light FM would be better still (quite an appropriate name too!) So it's exercise at least 4 times a week with a healthier diet as well. *** I know, I know, it's a cliche and everyone does it at the new year just to slip 2 weeks later. That's why I'm sticking it in my Blog to help make it a little more public. And by using FM radio stations at least it's a little different and novel for a day or two!!!***

3. Get 1 or 2 new I.T. certifications. (In my job, it always pays to get one more). Going for CISSP first, and then maybe CNA or ITIL Foundations.

4. Spend more time doing fun things with my lovely beautiful wife!

There. That will do for now. Let's see how the years pans out!

God bless all.

No comments: