Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Culinary Genius!

OK. Tobie Puttock. Sounds like it could almost be a cross between a serious illness in the rear end region crossed with a dog...

No, not really. But it's late and the name does have a certain ring to it. Of course, that makes remembering it easier, so that's no bad thing when you are a chef.

Why you ask. Why mention this man? Well, I was given an interesting Christmas present from Sharon last year. A certificate to attend a class on making pasta by chef Tobie Puttock. Starting to make sense now? Good.

Let me tell you, this was absolutely sensational! It was a lot of fun. And Toby really knows italian food. Good credentials working in Italy etc. (I know, I know, a last name like Guccione or something might sound more credible, but hey...). Anyway, I'm inspired again to try my hand at home made pasta. Any takers?

Chatted to him after the class. Great bloke. I like people who have great experiences, know who is worth knowing, and yet still just act like real, normal people. Much respect! For those of you who know about the Jamie Oliver restaurant Fifteen, if you read up a few articles you won't see Tobie's name far away from Jamie's. Tobie was the executive chef at Fifteen in London, and is now heading up the Fifteen here in Melbourne, in the Windsor Hotel basement.

He also appears on the Aussie version of Ready Steady Cook. (Thanks for that piece of info Freindy - he's the one with the fuzzy/curly hair).

Google Tobie Puttock for more info. I'm a convert. The man is a sensation! and sometime soon-ish he has a book coming out. Stick it on your Christmas list to buy me somebody please!

OK. Enough shameless promoting of other people. I'm off to bed. Gotta get my sleep before cooking for 60 people on camp this weekend... (and no, I will not be testing out my new inspiration for pasta on 60 kids who wouldn't appreciate it anyway!!!)

No comments: