Monday, June 26, 2006

The epilogue...

OK.

I got out.

It's working again.

But only, back to where it was before we began the pilot. The pilot itself was a failure.

I got home at 4am... It worked out to be 20 hours work without a break or any real food.

It's now Monday morning, I'm back in the office (users are OK thank goodness...) and I'm fuzzy in the head - a lot like jetlag really...

And if you are reading this blog and are confused as to what I'm talking about, read the previous one and it will all make sense!!!

The upshot is now I'm up for TWO more weekends work instead of just one... And there's no guarantee that they'll be better than the last one. Oh well - that's the IT project life!!!

Hopefully my next blog will NOT be work related...

In fact, I'm tipping that, given the game tonight, the next blog may well be sporting related... though whether it's joy or sorrow I really have no idea. The 'beautiful game' as it is often called is funny like that...

1 comment:

Wendy G said...

Glad you got out of there alive Nath. What about this weekend packing a BIG bottle of chocolate milk, muesli bars, a fruit stash and something solid to reheat in the microwave . . . just in case it takes longer than you expect.

Wendy