Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Sport as far as the eye can see!

Ah Sport... gotta love it don't ya?

Last weekend was a sportravanganza... or something like that anyway.

Friday night kicked off with Dean, Steve and myself watching the (woeful, it must be said) St Kilda - Geelong game.

Got up Saturday morning, watched the Miami - NJ NBA game. Missed the afternoon footy game due to rehearsal. In the evening, it was chillin' in Steve's spa with him and Dusty, watching both the West Coast - Magpies, and the Hawthorn - Brisbane game (shame about that Bruce for Brown trade Freindy! That cost you a bundle!!!)

Got home at midnight, just in time to watch the FA Cup final live, which went into extra time, and then a penalty shootout. It was an incredible game, with Gerard kicking one of the most outstanding goals I've ever seen at the end to level the score.

Then it was up on Sunday morning for the Spurs - Dallas NBA game. This was followed instantly by the Port - Bulldogs game (GO Dogs!) and the day ended with the 8:30 replay of Bombers - Carlton before a well earned rest...

It was decadent. It was OTT. It was just damn wonderful!!!

And no, don't think 'poor Sharon, she is the neglected wife' - she was away for the weekend.

See, I had my excuse!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling J Brown is about to get injured... I'm still happy with my trade. The Bruce will have a big on this week. I might even make him captain.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nath, Glad you were able to indulge in the sporting world! Also ald that your poor wife didn't have to suffer through all of that. Fox sports world and ESPN and sportscenter seem to rule in our house.....

Anonymous said...

Nate Dawg, I started to read your blog but it was just too damn long, I got kids to feed you know??!?!?

Anyways mate, I've been meaning to catch up with you for awhile now, I sent a couple of piss weak emails just to let you know I'm still alive and i haven't forgotten my ol'buddy. I won't blog you out on;y to say I'll try and an eye on your sight to keep in touch...

Take care mate.
Foons

p.s shaved the boys heads this weekend, they look like a bunch of ozzys... I mean convicts lol the old and cheap jokes are the best. Speaking of convicts have you seen the Prison Break series ?

Another Footy Fans Blog said...

Fooooonnnnaaaa!!!!

Hey man! How's things in 'sunny' England! :P

it's full-on winter here now, so i guess the temperature is about the same then...

How's the triplets! Jokes! Send me a photo of em without hair! I haven't posted about them for a while on the blog!!!

Anonymous said...

The joke is that a few counties here have issued drought orders!

How is that even nearly possible? It pisses down with impunity here all the bloody time! Anyway, it was sunny today so ha! Everyone bolted outside to get their yearly top of sunshine, they went out semi skimmed milky whitish blue and came back in a full fat cream milk colour... You gotta love it.

I'll send you a piccy... Maybe i should start a blog??? Although I'm sure people don't wanna read stuff like:

Monday: It rained today
Tuesday: Boys boobytraped the fridge... And it rained.
Wednesday: Rained, boys pissed in my shoes.
Thursay: See Monday
Friday: The joy of pubs and beer... Especially while watching people getting wet in the rain outside.

Foons