Tuesday, October 17, 2006

This NEEDS to be banned!

I need to start this post with a comment. I'm not perfect. I'm not the world's greatest singer. And our job shouldn't be to judge others...

But...

I also think this. If you vigorously pursue a career in the public eye, in show business, if you bring out singles and albums, if you try to sell a product, then I think you need to prove you are WORTH buying.

We all know about maufactured pop bands. We all hear about how in post-production the engineers work their wizardry and make things sound better than they were. I figured there would be the odd note that was a little out, they'd fix the pitch, and voila!

I didn't think they could do this though... And I didn't think someone THIS bad should be allowed to sell a record at all. Really. Even if they do have really big...

Anyway, you HAVE to listen to these two mp3's. The first is the 'fixed' version - it's just two short extracts I made to give you an idea what a sound engineer can REALLY do. The second is the original recording. It's basically the complete song because you just HAVE to listen all the way through. PLEASE listen right to the end. (Original versions I got were via YouTube - this is just an mp3 recording - go to YouTube and watch it if you like - it's got video too!!!)

One thing it shows is Peter Andre is actually not that bad live. But his wife, Jordan... Well, I won't spoil it, just listen...

Fixed


Original

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahaha!

That is hours of entertainment! I've listened to it about 12 times and I laugh every time. Hilarious!

Another Footy Fans Blog said...

I KNOW! everytime i listen i just crack up.

Before those guys fixed it up, you can just imagine them in the studio playing it REALLY loud, getting everyone in and just laughing until they pee'd themselves!

Anonymous said...

oowwwwwwwwwww my ears!!!!!!!
I'm ashamed to think that the tone deaf woman is from my island!!

Anonymous said...

This is an outrage to the industry and also shows the talent of sound engeneers, these guys are amazing, is this like altering images of people for the frount cover of magazines?