Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Turns out I like trees...

So, Sharon and I were talking yesterday, and it turns out owning a home has turned us into people that like trees... I can't explain it much really. It's not that I didn't like nature before - I loved it actually. But I never really noticed Spring in action before... All of a sudden I notice trees that are budding with new Spring growth. I notice flowers and things like I haven't before. I appreciate trees in a way I never did before.

I could always stand on a mountain and marvel at Gods' awesome handiwork, but this is different. Now I can just look at a tree and I get it. I can marvel at the work of the Almighty and pretty damn funky God just by watching a tree in my yard that was last week totally bare all of a sudden spring to life with green everywhere. It knows just when to do it.

I can't see how there couldn't be 'intelligent design' when I see this. My sight is different now. Seriously.

How odd do I feel right now...

*mumbles something about turning into a tree-hugging hippy*

No comments: